“Just hear those sleigh bells jingling, ring-ting-ring-a-ling too…come on, it’s lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you…..” Okay, I know. You can say it. “Not yet!”
Ordinarily, I would argue that it is much too early to think about the holiday season. As much as I love it, I am never eager to start of the holiday season. Maybe it’s because I have a profound reluctance to release my grip on summer. I love my state, but, winter is only fun in Michigan if you enjoy outdoor, winter sports. I do not. Maybe it’s because I am firm believer that “Christmas” (or whatever December holiday you celebrate) is meant to be celebrated AFTER Thanksgiving and not BEFORE Halloween. Nothing
irritates me more than listening to holiday music while shopping for Halloween costumes.
Maybe it’s just because I know I’ll have to start remembering to write a new year on my checks. I don’t know. Whatever the reason for my reluctance to enter into the holiday season, now is the perfect time to consider jumping into the job search.
Right now, many employers across the country are patching up their inflatable snowmen, downloading every rendition of “Winter Wonderland” known to man, and untangling miles of Christmas lights. They are also gearing up for the busiest and most important time of their fiscal year. Many companies depend on the holidays to put them in the black and rely on seasonal employees to shore up their ranks to meet the needs of a busy, lucrative holiday season. While we often think about retailers as the primary source of seasonal employment, other industries such as restaurants, hoteliers, airlines, and shipping companies also gear up in anticipation of travelers and shoppers.
Employers often use seasonal (temporary) employment as a litmus test to judge the strengths, skills, and abilities of potential employees to determine who they may want to keep permanently. Let’s face it, if you can maintain your composure during a holiday rush and still thrive after listening to “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” for 8 hours a day. You can pretty much do anything!
All of this week’s Find Work Wednesday positions and thousands of other positions for military spouses can be found at our Job Seeker’s page. The first four opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Openings with MSCCN”. The remaining jobs can be found by clicking on “JobCentral National Labor Exchange”.
- Retail Sales Consultant, Verizon, Port Richey, FL 51876BR
- Center Customer Service Coord, Franklin, TN 52019BR
- Club Manager, Las Vegas, NV, 52050BR
- Full Time Language Assist (Spanish) Retail Sales Consultant, Denton, TX 50945BR
- Administrative Assistant-S, H&R Block (USA)
- Marketing Coordinator-Seasonal, H&R Block (USA)
- Retail Store Seasonal Assistant, Sprint (Roseville, MI)
- Retail Store Seasonal Assistant, Sprint (Amherst, NY)
- Lands End Sales Leader, Lands’ End (Watchung, NJ)
- Part-Time Warehouse Generalist/Forklift Operator (Seasonal)
- Scholastic (Raleigh, NC)
- Seasonal Athlete Nike (Greenland, NH)
- Ski Valet – Seasonal Destination Hotels & Resorts (Stowe Mountain Lodge- Stowe, VT)
- Seasonal On Call Massage Therapist Destination Hotels & Resorts (Miramonte Resort – Indian Wells, CA)
- Surveyor – Heavenly – PT Vail Resorts (Lake Tahoe, CA)