November 11th is Veteran’s Day and in honor of all of those who have served we will be dedicating all Find Work Wednesdays in November to Veteran’s Jobs.
If most troops are like mine, they have a steady paycheck, a job they love, and no immediate plans to get out, so they have not given much thought to what they will be doing after they get out. When probed they probably say “I will worry about it when the time comes”. In this economy, you need a plan. First, think of what you want to do. Once you have an idea you can research job requirements needed, experience, education, and certifications. Veterans need know local resources to choose from to get help, who to contact, and how to use their military experience to add skills to their resume to achieve career goals in the civilian world.
A common occupation area chosen by Veterans is law enforcement, because it is similar to their military training, duties, etc. Some specific job titles veterans look at are: private contractors, physical fitness trainers, security officers, overseas contractors, recruiters, weapons experts, etc.
If you are a veteran and need some assistance with finding job postings check out this week’s Find Work Wednesday positions and thousands of other position for military-affiliated applicants can be found at our Job Seeker’s page. The first five opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Opening with MSCCN”. The remaining jobs can be found by clicking on “Search for Job Opening with JobCentral National Labor Exchange”.
1. Sr. Industrial Security Spec., Goleta, CA 525523BR
2. Assistant COMSEC Custodian, El Segundo, CA 52527BR
3. Engineer I/II, Newport, RI 52539BR
4. Tanker, North Carolina 52255BR
5. Van Regional/OTR, Illinois 52242BR
6. Security Officer, AlliedBarton Security Services, Milpitas, CA
7. Government Services Security Officer, AlliedBarton Security Services, San Francisco, CA
8. Radio Frequency Engineer, ConocoPhillips, Bartlesville, OK
9. Correctional Officer, Corrections Corporation of America, Woodville, MS
10. Personal Trainer, World Health Club, USA