Career Corp Gateway Applicant Specialists Job Description
Military Spouse Corporate Career Network (MSCCN)
The Military Spouse Corporate Career Network (MSCCN) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide employment readiness, job training, and placement assistance at NO COST to military spouses, transitioning Military, National Guard, Reserves, Veterans, War Wounded, and Caregivers of War Wounded (i.e. military-affiliated applicants). The MSCCN was founded in 2004 by a Navy spouse and is operated and managed by a team of geographically diverse military spouses, veterans, and caregivers located near military installations across the country. MSCCN is the only nonprofit organization that works as an employment partner to the Armed Forces through Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) from every branch of service, working with Headquarters on down to the military family centers. Additionally, we bring employers and military applicants together through a unique partnership MSCCN has with DirectEmployers Association, Inc. a group of Charter Members, and numerous sponsors and donors.
Since 2004 MSCCN has assisted over 3 million military affiliated applicants in the areas of career focus, employment readiness, and job placement assistance.
Through the Career Corps Volunteer Program the MSCCN offers our military-affiliated job seekers the opportunity to serve in positions that allow them to keep their work experience current while they hone and expand their skills. Want to stay competitive? Join the MSCCN Career Corps.
MSCCN Human Resources – Gateway Job Specialists Career Corps volunteer positions are virtually served.
The Talent Management Gateway Applicant Specialist is responsible for handling a variety of tasks in support of our corporate partners, our applicants, and the MSCCN Team. Working under the direction of the Gateway Manager, the Talent Management Gateway Specialist will work with other team members to ensure the successful delivery of MSCCN services to customers (corporations and applicants).
1. Contacts applicants via email and telephone to obtain additional information, schedule interviews and appointments, provide information, and introduce them to MSCCN services.
2. Provides reports and statistics that track and measure applicant progress.
3. Assists new team members by training them on functionality of the Talent Management Gateways.
4. Completes daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by Gateway Manager.
5. Develops and maintains relationships with applicants, corporate partners, and military family centers.
Minimum: High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree preferred. Two to three years of customer service / administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge, training, and practice of superior customer service skills.
3. Organizational and time management skills.
4. Ability to work independently, maintain confidential information, multitask and follow-up.
Individuals who serve this position will learn:
Use of new software – Kenexa – that is used by thousands of companies throughout the world
Employment mapping and other human resource skills
SQL data querying and reporting (a skill almost every company wants its employees to have)
Networking and relationship building as you work with the applicants, recruiters, and the National Guard Bureau in regards to positions for National Guard Commands nationwide.
Please send your resume to Erin Voirol, Gateway Manager at