It’s a time of the year many Marines look forward to and treasure, The Marine Corps Birthday on November 10th! They take their finest uniform “dress blues” out to get cleaned, shine their dress shoes, and medals. You will hear exuberant shouts of “Happy Birthday, Simper Fi and Oorah” to their fellow brothers/Marines. There is always a sense of pride and acomplishment in the air when you are surrounded by a room full of Marines, they are happy, proud and ecstatic about what they have done, what they stand for, and the opportunity to reconnect and reminisce with their fellow brothers about the good old days.
This is one of the best times of year as they celebrate another year of greatness and the beginning of the Toys for Tots Program. If you are looking for to do something good for the Marines and make a difference; consider thanking them for their service, donating to Toys for Tots, or even helping to make a special night better. You can start by looking for work at resorts, volunteer with family readiness officers to help plan and coordinate fundraising efforts, catering, babysitting, etc.
If you are looking for opportunities to make a difference this season and helping out a selfless group of warriors that put their lives on the line then check out this week’s Find Work Wednesday position and thousands of other position for military-affiliated
applicants can be found at our Job Seeker’s page. The first three opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Opening with MSCCN”. The remaining jobs can be found by clicking on “Search for Job Opening with JobCentral National Labor Exchange”.
- SR Assistant, Office/Program FT, Detrick Maryland 52532BR
- Facility Technician, Las Vegas, NV 53259BR
- Account Executive, Raleigh, NC 52241BR
- MarketingGreeter/Receptionist, Daytona, FL
- Catering Manager, JC Resorts, Temecula, CA
- Assurance Entertainment & Media Manager, PWC, Los Angeles, CA
- Reservations Agent, Destination Hotels & Resort, USA
- Quality Assurance Representative, Wyndham International, Las Vegas, NV
- BanquetStoreroom Clerk, Luxury Resorts & Hotels, Boca Raton, FL
- Slots/Beverage Service Supervisor, The Palazzo Resort, Bethlehem, PA
November 11th is Veteran’s Day and in honor of all of those who have served we will be dedicating all Find Work Wednesdays in November to Veteran’s Jobs.
If most troops are like mine, they have a steady paycheck, a job they love, and no immediate plans to get out, so they have not given much thought to what they will be doing after they get out. When probed they probably say “I will worry about it when the time comes”. In this economy, you need a plan. First, think of what you want to do. Once you have an idea you can research job requirements needed, experience, education, and certifications. Veterans need know local resources to choose from to get help, who to contact, and how to use their military experience to add skills to their resume to achieve career goals in the civilian world.
A common occupation area chosen by Veterans is law enforcement, because it is similar to their military training, duties, etc. Some specific job titles veterans look at are: private contractors, physical fitness trainers, security officers, overseas contractors, recruiters, weapons experts, etc.
If you are a veteran and need some assistance with finding job postings check out this week’s Find Work Wednesday positions and thousands of other position for military-affiliated applicants can be found at our Job Seeker’s page. The first five opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Opening with MSCCN”. The remaining jobs can be found by clicking on “Search for Job Opening with JobCentral National Labor Exchange”.
1. Sr. Industrial Security Spec., Goleta, CA 525523BR
2. Assistant COMSEC Custodian, El Segundo, CA 52527BR
3. Engineer I/II, Newport, RI 52539BR
4. Tanker, North Carolina 52255BR
5. Van Regional/OTR, Illinois 52242BR
6. Security Officer, AlliedBarton Security Services, Milpitas, CA
7. Government Services Security Officer, AlliedBarton Security Services, San Francisco, CA
8. Radio Frequency Engineer, ConocoPhillips, Bartlesville, OK
9. Correctional Officer, Corrections Corporation of America, Woodville, MS
10. Personal Trainer, World Health Club, USA
Did you hear that? Listen close. That was the sound of millions of children climbing the steps of a million busses to go to a million schools across the country. That other sound you heard – the groans of a million kids heading back into the fray mixed with the sound of a million moms sighing with relief as their little darlings start another year of school, along with the sprinkle of a few tears.
This week’s Find Work Wednesday edition is to honor of the millions of men and women educators who we entrust with the hearts and minds of our future. Since the school year has already started the ideal job may be elusive for a little while; there are many viable career options out there for men and women who know how to teach. We also recognize there are many educators out there who have struggled in today’s economy with school cutbacks, hiring freezes and job loss. However, educators bring some unique talents to the corporate world — understanding the tenants and principles of education; the ability to teach a skill is a valuable commodity in the business world – one that not everyone possesses.
We, as parents, send our kids into classrooms and impart on teachers and educator the task of teaching, leading, inspiring, challenging and caring for our children. We salute all educators who meet this monumental mission with determination and triumph. So if you are still looking, consider sharing your special talent with some of the companies below, they would be honored to have you!
All of this week’s Find Work Wednesday positions and thousands of other positions for military spouses can be found at our Job Seeker’s page. The first fifteen opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Openings with MSCCN”. The remaining jobs can be found by clicking on “Search for Job Openings with the National Labor Exchange”.
- Military Base Site Coordinator, K-12, EF Warren AFB-Cheyenne, WY 50930BR
- Teacher-F/T Social Studies-Virtual, K-12, Statewide, OH 50929BR
- Advisor, K-12, Statewide, OH 50928BR
- Office Administrator, K-12, New Orleans, LA 50927BR
- Foreign Language, K-12, All States 50926BR
- Virtual Math Teacher HS, K-12, Grand Rapids, MI 50925BR
- Site Coordinator, K-12, Midwest City, OK (Tinker AFB) 50924BR
- Teacher HS Virtual, K-12, Lawrence, KS 50923BR
- Teacher 7-12 Virtual, K-12, Bloomsburg, PA 50922BR
- Head of School, K-12, New Orleans, LA 50920BR
- Teacher-P/T Spanish, K-12, Statewide, ID 50938BR
- Records Dept. Analyst, K-12, Atlanta, CA 50933BR
- Teacher-P/T French, K-12, Statewide, ID 50937BR
- Trainer, Ft. Lewis, Washington, 50499BR
- Sr. Military Science Instructor, ROTC, Bowling Green, KY, 50038BR
- Staff Research Assoc I #12828, University of California, Berkeley (Berkeley, CA)
- After-School Staff, Melmark New England (Andover, MA)
- Curriculum Development / IEP Coordinator, Melmark New England (Andover, MA)
- Job Coach, Trinity Health & Employment Services, LLC (Bridgeport, CT)
- Geometry Tutor, American Tutoring.com (Redwood City, CA)
- Network Systems Expert, American Tutoring.com (Hillsboro, OR)
- History Tutor, American Tutoring.com (Harrisburg, PA)
- Chemistry Tutor, American Tutoring.com (Piedmont, CA)
- College Chemistry Tutor, American Tutoring.com (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
- AP Calculus BC Tutor, American Tutoring.com (Fremont, CA)
- Writing Tutor, American Tutoring.com (Champaign, IL)
- Admissions Reader, #12833, University of California, Berkeley (Berkeley, CA)
- Sr. Scoring Director/Chief Reader, Pearson (Malta, NY)
- Marketing/Social Media Coordinator (PT), Hillcrest Family Services (Dubuque, IA)
*Note- here is a helpful resource if you are considering teaching virtually! National Standards for Online Teaching:
Traditionally when we think of working in an industry, we think of only the primary jobs involved with the specific industry. In the banking industry for example, you think of bank tellers, loan officers, stock brokers, financial advisors; you get the picture, right? But in each industry you need a host of additional support to help that organization run, in banking you need IT to
keep the online banking system running smoothly. So this week’s focus will be jobs not traditionally associated with that industry.
The purpose of this week’s find work Wednesday is to challenge job seekers to think outside of the box. Sometimes when we want a specific position we only look in that industry and when it isn’t available we give up. What if that position was available somewhere else? What if it just took a little extra research? Would you feel like you gave up on your dream job to soon?
All of this week’s Find Work Wednesday positions and thousands of other positions for military spouses can
be found at our Job Seeker’s page. The first four opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Openings with MSCCN”. The remaining jobs can be found by clicking on “Search for Job Openings with JobCentral National Labor
Search for Openings with MSCCN:
- Integration Systems Architect, Pentagon Federal Credit Union, Virginia (49706BR)
- Information Security Analyst, Pentagon Federal Credit Union, Virginia (49707BR)
- Research Associate, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, California (49708BR)
- Intermediate Data Warehouse Developer, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Virginia (49709BR)
Search for Openings with NLX:
- Associate I – Environmental Services, Suburban Hospital (Bethesda, MD)
- Patient Access Applications Trainer, Greater Baltimore Medical Center (Towson, MD)
- Teacher’s Assistant, Samaritan Hospital (Baltimore, MD)
- Teacher – Day Care, Samaritan Hospital (Baltimore, MD)
- Distribution Clerk, Upper Chesapeake Medical Center (Bel Air, MD)
- Maintenance Mechanic, Upper Chesapeake Medical Center (Bel Air, MD)
Today was an exciting day for MSCCN, we added a new Charter Member to our organization, DirectEmployers Association. We first partnered in August of 2010 to revolutionize employment opportunities for military affiliated candidates. The project has grown, surpassed our expectations and brought employment success to military families across the country.
In honor of our new addition, I thought we should highlight our first Charter Member, Concentra, Inc. a member of Humana and also a member of DirectEmployers Association. Our organizations have come full circle and have one thing in common, WE CARE. In honor of that I think that it is fitting to post care giving positions!
All of this week’s Find Work Wednesday positions and thousands of other positions for military spouses can be found at our Job Seeker’s page. The opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Openings with MSCCN”. The additional job opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Job Openings with DirectEmployers Association”.
- PRN Paramedic / LPN / RN, Concentra, Portland, OR, 48774BR
- Nurse, Concentra, St. Louis, MO, 48772BR
- Nurse, Concentra, Brookfield, WI, 48771BR
- Healthcare-Nurses/Medical Assistants, Concentra, Tulsa, OK, 48770BR
- PRN – Emergency Medical Technician, Concentra, St. Petersburg, FL, 48769BR
- PRN – Emergency Medical Technician, Concentra, Tampa, FL, 48768BR
- NP/PA – Float, Concentra, Reno, NV, 48766BR
- NP/PA – Float, Concentra, Bakersfield, CA, 48765BR
- NP/PA – Float, Concentra, Fresno, CA, 48764BR
- Bilingual Nurse – LVN / Paramedic – Astrodome, Houston, TX, 48762BR
Everybody has a secret job that they desire, when I was little I wanted to be a pilot like my Uncle Gary. I remember thinking he was the coolest person and I was so proud of him. I loved going to his house in the summertime, he owned a county airport and I got to help out around the airport, listen to him and the air traffic controllers communicate with pilots, navigate through storms, call coordinates, practice in the simulator, and go out to pick up and return passengers. Because it was a private airport he often got celebrities travelling to New York, I remember the day that Christopher Reed flew in.
Unfortunately, my vision was not so good. So instead I went to college and got a communications degree so that I could write and report about newsworthy events. But I still can’t help but dream about what jobs would have been available to me if I had followed one of my childhood dreams.
All of this week’s Find Work Wednesday positions and thousands of other positions for military spouses can be found at our Job Seeker’s page. The list of opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Openings with MSCCN”. If you don’t find one of you dream jobs there then try clicking on “Search for Job Openings with DirectEmployers Association”.
- Global Hawk Instructor Pilot, Beale AFB, CA 48404BR
- Airship Pilot, Sierra Vista, AZ 48403BR
- Pilot, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, St. Inigoes, MD 48402BR
- GH Production Pilot, Palmdale, CA 48401BR
- Pilot, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, Palmdale, CA 48400BR
- Pilot Turboprop, Van Nuys, CA 48399BR
- Global Hawk Pilot, Edwards AFB, CA 48398BR
- Director of Flight Operations Test Pilot, Baltimore, MD 48397BR
Did the Monday Morning Commute get you down? Dreaming of owning your own business….
CONVERTING YOUR DREAM INTO A BUSINESS…
Do you have a concept that you believe would be a great product or service? Many times the greatest inventions come from the most unusual places and when you stumble upon an idea – the next question is, “What do you do with it”? Here are
a few simple steps to put your concept to the test to see if it can become the business of your dreams!
WILL ANYONE BUY IT?
We all like to believe that our friends and family are a reflection of the marketplace, but regretfully their “buy in” is sometimes not a valid market test. To find out if your product or service is “cash worthy” give it to a few friends, but ask that they share it with others outside of your circle. When strangers begin to inquire on where to buy your product, be rest assured you are on the
path to a strong opportunity.
CAN I EARN AN INCOME FROM IT?
In today’s economy everyone is out for a deal – but do not undervalue your new product. Work to find a balance of both quality and affordability. Remember that in the beginning you may have to set an introductory price to get new customers to test your product, but overtime as your reputation builds so will the ability to increase your money making potential.
CAN I AFFORD TO MAKE THIS PRODUCT?
Be frugal by purchasing only what you absolutely need to make and sell your roduct. Save money with online companies such as www.vistaprint.com for business cards or build an affordable website with companies like www.handzon.com. You do not need a lot of money to build a successful business. Remember the more you save – translates into the more you earn.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN MY PRICE IS RIGHT?
This is where you’ve got to put on your business hat and put your ego in check. If your customers tell you they love the product, but hesitate to buy due to the price you need to find a more realistic price point. However, if your customers are buying multiple pieces without hesitation, then you are probably a bit under priced. This is not a bad problem to have as long as you can keep
up with the customer demand. Finding a balance that works for you and the customer is the key to a successful pricing strategy.
AM I DREAMING…IS THIS REALLY POSSIBLE?
Every entrepreneur loses sleep over this question and the answer is yes – this dream can come true! You are not unlike those that have gone before you, changing the world one product or idea at a time. Do not fear the unknown – embrace it with gusto, enthusiasm and a clear focus on building the right product for you and your customers!
Written By: Roxanne Reed