Month: February 2011
This week, MSCCN takes you on a tour of jobs available near Navy bases around the country. Whether you are on the East Coast, the West Coast or the Gulf Coast, there are employers who want to hire you! In the past week, over 223 jobs were added to the MSCCN job search platform alone! If you access the jobs available through the DirectEmployers Association, you’ll find hundreds more.
OK, Navy spouses, it’s Anchors Aweigh on your job search with this week’s Find Work Wednesday offerings:
Job Openings with MSCCN
- Member Service Representative, Navy Federal Credit Union, Virginia Beach, VA (41202BR)
- Athletic Trainer, STGi, Washington DC (41195BR)
- Clinical Counselor, Zeiders, Mayport, FL (41131BR)
- Manager-Warriors to Work, Wounded Warrior Project, San Diego, CA (41125BR)
- Member Service Representative-Part-Time, Navy Federal Credit Union, Gulfport, MS (41052BR)
- Center Customer Service Associate, FEDEX, Honolulu, HI (41040BR)
Job Openings with DirectEmployers Association
- Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, SAIC, Suffolk, VA
- Project Manager, L-3 Communications, San Diego, CA
- Teller, Wells Fargo, Corpus Christi, TX
- Financial Advisor, Nationwide, Newport, RI
USA Today has a great article today detailing the difficulties female veterans face in the job market. The article points out that female veterans face a staggering 13.5% unemployment rate and are twice as likely to be homeless than their civilian peers.
It’s wrong. These women stepped up to serve our nation. Shouldn’t the country recognize and honor their service? Employers: What are you doing to help get these women back to work?
As military spouses, it’s part of our nature to help others. We are always willing to lend a hand when the phone rings, whether it’s bringing a meal to the family with a new baby or supporting a grieving spouse after her worst nightmare has come true. Our willingness to help others in both the best and worst of times is what makes the military community such a special place.
If you are looking for a career that makes the most of your skills, MSCCN is here to help you! This week we’ve pulled together opportunities for licensed practitioners in social work and medicine, educators, and even administrative positions with nationally known non-profits.
As always, you can find more about these jobs and thousands of others on MSCCN’s Job Seekers site. To learn more about the first five job openings, click on the “Job Openings With MSCCN” link:
- Victim Advocate, Serco, Pearl Harbor, HI (40971BR)
- Victim Advocate Education Training Specialist, Serco, Fort Sill, OK (40915BR
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, STGi, Bethesda, MD (40843BR)
- LPN PRN, STGi, Oak Harbor, WA (40838BR)
- Retirement Counselor, STGi, Alexandria, VA (40835BR)
Find our next five job openings by clicking on the “Job Openings with DirectEmployers Association” link:
- Patient Services Technician Specialist (Phlebotomist), Laboratory Corporation of America, La Jolla, CA
- CNA, Providence Heath and Services, Seattle, WA
- Physical Therapist, Providence Heath and Services, Anchorage, AK
- Team Supervisor, The American National Red Cross, Bangor, ME
- Administrative Assistant, American Cancer Society, Corpus Christi, TX
It’s almost Valentine’s Day. Instead of chocolate, roses, or teddy bears, why not treat yourself to a new and exciting career this year? This week’s Find Work Wednesday features jobs we know you’ll love.
Love helping other military families? Love supporting our Wounded Warriors? Love working with kids? Love working, yet still having time for yourself? MSCCN has found some incredible options for you. Be sure to upload your resume so you can apply today!
All of today’s job leads can be found at our Job Seeker’s page under the Job Openings with MSCCN link:
- Army OneSource -Regional Community Support Coordinator, Serco, Reston, VA (40417BR)
- Inventory Manager, Serco, Norfolk, VA (40413BR)
- ACAP Counselor, Serco, Fort Leonard Wood, MO (40409BR)
- Technical Writer, Serco, Anchorage, AK (40383BR)
- Coordinator-Publications, Wounded Warrior Project, Jacksonville, FL (40380BR)
- Site Safety and Health Officer, Alutiiq, Fort Shafter, HI (40371BR)
- Child Development Associate, Florida Easter Seals, Tampa FL (40350BR)
- Warehouse Specialist, Alutiiq, Monterey, CA (40367BR)
- Center Customer Service Associate, FEDEX, Manhattan, KS (40211BR)
- Member Service Representative (Part-Time), Navy Federal Credit Union, Harker Heights, TX (40264BR)
The MSCCN Team is thrilled that Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow and is predicting an early spring this year. Since the world’s foremost weather man says spring is right around the corner, are you ready? Have you uploaded your resume to MSCCN’s Job Seeker Gateway yet? Make sure you do, so if you see your dream job, you can apply right away.
Check out this week’s Find Work Wednesday highlights and be sure to visit the MSCCN Job Seekers page for even more amazing jobs waiting for military spouses, military caregivers, and members of the National Guard.
The following positions can be found in MSCCN’s Job Openings:
- CAC Operator, Serco, West Point, NY (40031BR)
- Teller, Bank of America, Oceanside, CA (39965BR)
- Director-Corporate Travel Management, CSC, Falls Church, VA (39689BR)
- Army OneSource Unit Service Coordinator, Serco, Chicago, IL (40032BR)
- Sales and Service Specialist, Bank of America, Pensacola, FL (39959BR)
The following positions can be found in the DirectEmployers Association’s Job Openings:
- Travel Occupational Therapist (OT), Reflectx Services, Washington, DC
- Store LP and Safety Manager, Lowe’s, Waipahu, HI
- Part-Time Station Administrator #14462, Southwest Airlines, Las Vegas, NV
- Training Specialist, SAIC, Virginia Beach, VA
- Retail Sales-Women’s (Individualist/Savvy), Nordstrom, Escondido, CA