Month: September 2011
You might have read that a satellite recently fell from space. I did hear NASA was going to cut back on the space program, but letting satellites and space stations fall uncontrollably to earth is a little extreme. I was wondering if NASA is still hiring and do you have to be a rocket scientist to work there.
Like many kids I dreamed of being an astronaut and what earth would look like from a tiny medal capsule in space. I remember the day when everyone gathered in 6th grade common room to watch as a teacher was allowed to travel up to space as part of the crew. I also remember the collective gasps and the dead silence watching the shuttle explode. I remember that the teachers quickly turned off the television and ushered us back to our rooms in confusion.
Today, we have sophisticated technology once only dreamed of. So when all of the outrage occurred over the satellite falling and no one being able to predict where, I thought back to the classroom so long ago. How soon we forget how far our technology has come in the last 25 years! Where will we be in the next 25 years, maybe you will be part of the next breakthrough!
All of this week’s Find Work Wednesday positions and thousands of other positions for military spouses can be found at our Job Seeker’s page. The first four opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Openings with MSCCN”. The remaining jobs can be found by clicking on “JobCentral National Labor Exchange”.
- Opportunities for Disabled, Aerospace, Nationwide, 51892BR
- Intelligence Specialist, Aerospace, Huntsville, AL, 51891BR
- Director of Flight, Aerospace, Kern County, CA, 51890BR
- Aerospace Engineer, Aerospace, Santa Clara County, CA 51889BR
- Student Career Experience, Aerospace, Hampton, VA 51888BR
- Technical Project Manager, Aerospace, Hampton, VA 51887BR
- Proposal Manager BAE Systems (Sterling Heights, MI)
- Director, Proposal Operations BAE Systems (Sterling Heights, MI)
- Mechanical Engineering Intern- Junior Raytheon (Plano, TX)
- Systems Test – Systems Engineer I Raytheon (Tucson, AZ)
- Mechanical Engineering Intern-Sophomore Raytheon (Plano, TX)
- Mgr I Manufacturing Engrg Raytheon (Dallas, TX)
- Sr. Program Manager Raytheon (Aurora, CO)
- Sr. Program Manager Raytheon (Aurora, CO)
- Sr. Program Manager Raytheon (Garland, TX)
- Sr. Program Manager Raytheon (Garland, TX)
Ahh, yes. The time has come again. The smells, sight and sounds are all around you. No, I’m not talking about spiced cider, pumpkins, turning leaves, crisp fall days, or squirrels scurrying to gather nuts for the winter.
It’s the smell of the blood, sweat and tears of candidates in the throes of political ambition, competition, and desperation; the rustle of elected officials and their minions, scurrying through the hallowed halls of government, seeking political favor, casting blame and gathering ammunition to squash their competition. Podiums across America are being dusted off and polished up, along with the images and reputations of many government leaders, to bear witness to a candidate’s credentials as he or she attempts to convince us why they should represent the voice of the people. Republican, Democrat, Independent, liberal, conservative, Green Party, Tea Party or any party in between, the start of the political and election season is underway.
As Americans gear up for another brutal (as much as we may wish it otherwise) election season, it is time once again to don the waders as we navigate our way through the political quagmire of campaign speeches, political promises, baby kissing, lobbyists, fundraising, and lengthy debates. I have caught up on all my old Army Wives episodes, cleared out my DVR, and am ready to fast forward my way through the next 14 months of political ads.
Whatever your political party of choice, there seems to be little doubt that come November 2012, the path to Washington D.C . (and let’s not forget our local legislators) promises to be littered with the unmet political aspirations, hopes and dreams of many a political career. As an act of public service, we felt that, for this edition of Find Work Wednesday, we would focus our attention on career opportunities for our politicians who may find themselves out of a job come November 2012. We are making no predictions as to the future election turnout. But, if American sentiment is the same next year as it is today, we anticipate numerous politicians hitting the want ads. Competition for jobs can be fierce, and, as we job seekers know, it’s never too early to get a head start.
All of this week’s Find Work Wednesday positions and thousands of other positions for military spouses, Veterans, and Military-affiliated applicants can be found at our Job Seeker’s page. The first nine opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Openings with MSCCN”. The remaining jobs can be found by clicking on “Search for Job Openings with JobCentral National Labor Exchange.”
- Group X Instructor, 24 Hour Fitness, Los Angeles, CA 51621BR
- Group X Instructor, 24 Hour Fitness, Colorado Springs 51622BR
- Personal Trainer I, 24 Hour Fitness, Phoenix, AZ 51623BR
- Personal Trainer I, 24 Hour Fitness, Fort Worth, TX 51624BR
- Project Assoc. Art Director, ESPN, Inc, Bristol, CT 51625BR
- Talent Producer, ESPN, Inc, Bristol, CT 51626BR
- Assistant Store Manager, Game Stop, Oceanside, CA 51627BR
- Assistant Store Manager, Game Stop, Fayetteville, NC 51628BR
- Starbucks, Store Manager, locations nationwide 51394BR
- VP Government Relations, Rolls Royce (Reston, VA)
- Executive Support Administrator-Vice Chair – TAS – New York Ernst & Young (New York, NY)
- Associate Director, MidEast Initiative DePaul University (USA)
- Government Affairs Associate GeoEye (USA)
- Communications Manager (Contractor) The Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC)
- Solyndra, Fremont, CA
Sprechen Sie Deutsch? ¿Habla usted español? Parlez-vous français? Parli italiano? هل تتكلم العربية؟ Puhutko suomea? Говорите ли вы русский язык?
Most of us who have grown up in the United States public school systems have been exposed to a foreign language or two before we graduate. Even my preschooler has been exposed to limited Spanish phrases thanks to Dora, Diego and Handy Manny. But, for most of us who have not been raised in a bilingual family, we often lose or do not retain the languages that we are not regularly exposed to. But the ability to speak two or more languages definitely has its advantages to a job seeker. Bilingual, trilingual or multilingual speakers are, ever increasingly, in high demand with employers across the
We live in a global economy and a job seeker who can conduct business in a second language (or more) can definitely have an advantage over a monolingual speaker. I work at a call center in Grand Rapids, MI. (Not
especially known as an epicenter for cultural diversity.) Our company, however, is headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands. We conduct
business with hoteliers and customers on 6 out of 7 continents. (I don’t know of any hotels in Antarctica, but then again, I haven’t tried to visit!)
At any given time, we can be conducting business in as many as 30 languages from our office in Grand Rapids, MI. What a diverse, interesting, and unique office environment! Keep in mind some employers will even reimburse for the programs to help you learn a new language. So how far are you willing to go to get a pay raise or new job, would you learn a new language?
All of this week’s Find Work Wednesday positions and thousands of other positions for military spouses, military service members, and Veterans can be found at our Job Seeker’s page. Opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Openings with MSCCN” and searching for the reference number. Additional jobs can be found by clicking on “Search for Job Openings with the JobCentral National Labor exchange”.
Bilingual Relay Associate, AT&T, Augusta, GA 51381BR
Bilingual Back Office Medical Assistant, Concentra, Houston, TX 51383BR
At Work-Paramedic/PRN, Concentra Ft Lauderdale, FL 51384BR
Product Developer I, Nike, Portland, OR 51385BR
Part Time Data Collections Interviewer, Convergys, Erlanger, KY 51387BR
Bilingual Customer Service Rep, Convergys, Jacksonville, FL 51389BR
Bilingual Store Manager, AT&T, Flushing, NY 51382BR
Part Time Data Collections Interviewer, Convergys, Erlanger, KY 53188BR
Bilingual German Customer Service Resolution Rep, Convergys, Orem, UT 51386BR
JobCentral National Labor Exchange Positions:
Did you hear that? Listen close. That was the sound of millions of children climbing the steps of a million busses to go to a million schools across the country. That other sound you heard – the groans of a million kids heading back into the fray mixed with the sound of a million moms sighing with relief as their little darlings start another year of school, along with the sprinkle of a few tears.
This week’s Find Work Wednesday edition is to honor of the millions of men and women educators who we entrust with the hearts and minds of our future. Since the school year has already started the ideal job may be elusive for a little while; there are many viable career options out there for men and women who know how to teach. We also recognize there are many educators out there who have struggled in today’s economy with school cutbacks, hiring freezes and job loss. However, educators bring some unique talents to the corporate world — understanding the tenants and principles of education; the ability to teach a skill is a valuable commodity in the business world – one that not everyone possesses.
We, as parents, send our kids into classrooms and impart on teachers and educator the task of teaching, leading, inspiring, challenging and caring for our children. We salute all educators who meet this monumental mission with determination and triumph. So if you are still looking, consider sharing your special talent with some of the companies below, they would be honored to have you!
All of this week’s Find Work Wednesday positions and thousands of other positions for military spouses can be found at our Job Seeker’s page. The first fifteen opportunities can be found by clicking on “Search for Openings with MSCCN”. The remaining jobs can be found by clicking on “Search for Job Openings with the National Labor Exchange”.
- Military Base Site Coordinator, K-12, EF Warren AFB-Cheyenne, WY 50930BR
- Teacher-F/T Social Studies-Virtual, K-12, Statewide, OH 50929BR
- Advisor, K-12, Statewide, OH 50928BR
- Office Administrator, K-12, New Orleans, LA 50927BR
- Foreign Language, K-12, All States 50926BR
- Virtual Math Teacher HS, K-12, Grand Rapids, MI 50925BR
- Site Coordinator, K-12, Midwest City, OK (Tinker AFB) 50924BR
- Teacher HS Virtual, K-12, Lawrence, KS 50923BR
- Teacher 7-12 Virtual, K-12, Bloomsburg, PA 50922BR
- Head of School, K-12, New Orleans, LA 50920BR
- Teacher-P/T Spanish, K-12, Statewide, ID 50938BR
- Records Dept. Analyst, K-12, Atlanta, CA 50933BR
- Teacher-P/T French, K-12, Statewide, ID 50937BR
- Trainer, Ft. Lewis, Washington, 50499BR
- Sr. Military Science Instructor, ROTC, Bowling Green, KY, 50038BR
- Staff Research Assoc I #12828, University of California, Berkeley (Berkeley, CA)
- After-School Staff, Melmark New England (Andover, MA)
- Curriculum Development / IEP Coordinator, Melmark New England (Andover, MA)
- Job Coach, Trinity Health & Employment Services, LLC (Bridgeport, CT)
- Geometry Tutor, American Tutoring.com (Redwood City, CA)
- Network Systems Expert, American Tutoring.com (Hillsboro, OR)
- History Tutor, American Tutoring.com (Harrisburg, PA)
- Chemistry Tutor, American Tutoring.com (Piedmont, CA)
- College Chemistry Tutor, American Tutoring.com (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
- AP Calculus BC Tutor, American Tutoring.com (Fremont, CA)
- Writing Tutor, American Tutoring.com (Champaign, IL)
- Admissions Reader, #12833, University of California, Berkeley (Berkeley, CA)
- Sr. Scoring Director/Chief Reader, Pearson (Malta, NY)
- Marketing/Social Media Coordinator (PT), Hillcrest Family Services (Dubuque, IA)
*Note- here is a helpful resource if you are considering teaching virtually! National Standards for Online Teaching: